Server Technology Solution Partner Providers: Part 2
Posted by Annie Paquette on April 23, 2014
- How To
In part 1 of this blog, we discussed the critical power and environmental information available from Server Technology’s Power Distribution Units (PDUs).
In part 2 of this Solution Partner blog, I will talk more about our power solution products and ways we integrate with other vendors within the data center space.
Two of the most common ways to integrate with Server Technology’s power and environmental solutions are:
1) Directly to the Cabinet Power Distribution Unit via SNMP
2) Using an open API and getting information via our Sentry Power Manager software tool
Each integration solution has its own advantages and disadvantages:
1) SNMP is simple to use and is a very common well understood protocol.
2) MIB (Management Information Base) and OID (Object-ID Tree) is posted on our website at https://www.servertech.com/support/technical_library
3) SNMP Protocol is available out of the box on all Intelligent PDUs
API Advantages using the SPM software tool:
1) Well documented API that uses standard XML based tools like SOAP and REST (available upon NDA completion)
2) Central location for all information including higher level information like cabinets and circuits
3) SPM is also used to discover, manage, configure, update all of the PDUs within your data center - providing key information and saving huge amounts of time
Either solution allows the user a central location or “single pane of glass” view of their data center power and environmental information via a DCIM or BMS solution.
If the data center is strictly focused on power and environmental information a number of users have found that SPM is all they need to manage these parameters within their data center.
If you are interested in doing an SNMP or API integration with Server Technology’s PDUs or SPM software please contact email@example.com. PDUs or SPM systems can be allocated for your development work via an outside IP address for your integration and verification testing.