Server Technology Switched Rack PDU Solutions
With Server Technology's Switched PDUs you can:
- Control power to a server or other device with a single command (ON/OFF/REBOOT)
- Reduce surge currents through sequenced power-up
- Shed load based on certain events (optional)
- Monitor all aspects of the Smart cabinet PDU
What is a Switched PDU?In addition to Smart PDU abilities for network access to power and environmental information, the Switched rack PDU provides outlet control for reboot of locked-up devices and power-up sequencing. The Switched POPS PDU provides per outlet measurements of current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor, power factor, and accumulated energy. Learn the difference between a Smart and Switched PDU
Who is a Switched PDU ideal for?A Switched PDU is ideal for any environment that requires power and environmental monitoring, rebooting and power-up sequencing, scheduling power loads, and interoperability with Server Technology's Sentry Power Manager. Colocations and fast growing environments find the features of a Switched PDU especially useful. Read the top reasons to use a Switched PDU in your data center
What makes Server Technology's Switched PDUs unique?Our Switched PDUs are available with the award-winning High Density Outlet Technology (HDOT) and Alternating Phase technology. HDOT provides the highest outlet count in the smallest form factor of any PDU in the market. Alternating phase outlets alternate the phased power on a per-outlet basis instead of a per-branch basis. This allows for shorter cords, quicker installation and easier load balancing for 3-phase rackmount PDUs.
As a data center professional, you know that you need to measure and monitor your power usage. It's the first step to knowing what you need to do to improve data center power efficiency. Server Technology's Intelligent Switched Power Distribution Units (PDUs) provide a tightly-integrated system for data center power monitoring and management.
“It only takes one or two instances of a locked up server being remotely reset to pay for the functionality of aSwitched PDU, "Michael Weinrich, Senior DevOps Engineer, Picturemaxx,
Read the case study...
Power Measurement Features
Per Outlet Power Sensing |
The best outlet power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
Adds Per Outlet Power Sensing (POPS) to the Switched PDU which provides power monitoring per an individual outlet/device. Power information per individual outlet /device includes current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor, and power factor. Using our grouping technology, power information is available per device, groups of devices (application), individual PDU or cabinet.
- Simple, secure, integral web interface GUI configuration tool
- Temperature and Humidity Support
- Authentication logging, configuration changes and system events
- Secure Syslog protocol support
- Automatic Firmware Updates via FTP server
- Emails log, event, authorization, power & configuration messages
- Strong Password Support and Pre-Login Banner
- Ability to Ping an IP address to see if the device is responding
- Grouping of outlets across Master & Expansion PDUs
- SNMP: Traps based on Status, Changes, Load, Temperature & Humidity
Per Inlet Power Sensing |
The best infeed power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
PIPS technology replaces power monitoring at the RPP (Remote Power Panel) in data centers with higher accuracy and lower cost monitoring of each power circuit attached to a PDU. This feature enhances equipped Smart, Switched, and POPS PDUs with the most accurate and extensive metrics on the market. Expect the same quality and functionality on current intelligent PDUs, but with an increased level of information to help you make the critical decisions regarding your facility.
- Provide power monitoring per inlet/infeed.
- Power information per infeed includes current, voltage, power, apparent power, crest factor, reactance, power factor and accumulated energy.
- Accessed through either a secure network or serial connection.
- A secure integral web interface provides a simple and easy way to monitor the PDU.
- Configuration choices include: SNMP traps, email alerts, grouping, and all security and communication settings.