Server Technology Switched Rack PDU Solutions
With Server Technology's Switched PDUs you can:
- Control power to a server or other device with a single command (ON/OFF/REBOOT)
- Reduce surge currents through sequenced power-up
- Shed load based on certain events (optional)
- Monitor all aspects of the Smart PDU
Smart Cities White Paper
What is a Switched PDU?In addition to Smart PDU abilities for network access to power and environmental information, the Switched rack PDU provides outlet control for a reboot of locked-up devices and power-up sequencing. The Switched POPS PDU provides per outlet measurements of current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor, power factor, and accumulated energy. Learn the difference between a Smart and Switched PDU
Who is a Switched PDU ideal for?A Switched PDU is ideal for any environment that requires power and environmental monitoring, rebooting, and power-up sequencing, as well as scheduling power loads. Colocations and fast growing environments find the features of a Switched PDU especially useful. Read the top reasons to use a Switched PDU in your data center
What makes Server Technology's Switched PDUs unique?Our Switched PDUs are available in our award-winning HDOT Cx PDUs with Alternating Phase Technology, alternating 3-phase power on a per-outlet basis instead of a per-branch basis. This allows for shorter cords, quicker installation, and easier load balancing for 3-phase rack mount PDU's. Our innovative HDOT Cx Rack PDU has more outlets per form factor than any PDU in the market combines two outlets in one, and ships in 10 business days.
As a data center professional, you know that you need to measure and monitor your power usage. It's the first step to knowing what you need to do to improve data center power efficiency. Server Technology's Intelligent Switched Power Distribution Units (PDUs) provide a tightly-integrated system for data center power monitoring and management.
“It only takes one or two instances of a locked up server being remotely reset to pay for the functionality of a Switched PDU, "Michael Weinrich, Senior DevOps Engineer, Picturemaxx,
Read the Picturemaxx Case Study
Power Measurement Features
Per Outlet Power Sensing |
The best outlet power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
Adds Per Outlet Power Sensing (POPS) to the Switched PDU which provides power monitoring per an individual outlet/device. Power information per individual outlet /device includes current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor, and power factor. Using our grouping technology, power information is available per device, groups of devices (application), individual PDU, or cabinet.
- Simple, secure, integral web interface GUI configuration tool
- Temperature and Humidity Support
- Authentication logging, configuration changes, and system events
- Secure Syslog protocol support
- Automatic Firmware Updates via FTP server
- Emails log, event, authorization, power & configuration messages
- Strong Password Support and Pre-Login Banner
- Ability to Ping an IP address to see if the device is responding
- Grouping of outlets across Primary & Expansion PDUs
- SNMP: Traps based on Status, Changes, Load, Temperature & Humidity
Per Inlet Power Sensing |
The best infeed power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
PIPS technology replaces power monitoring at the RPP (Remote Power Panel) in data centers with higher accuracy and lower cost monitoring of each power circuit attached to a PDU. This feature enhances equipped Smart, Switched, and POPS PDUs with the most accurate and extensive metrics on the market. Expect the same quality and functionality on current intelligent PDUs, but with an increased level of information to help you make the critical decisions regarding your facility.
- Provide power monitoring per inlet/infeed.
- Power information per infeed includes current, voltage, power, apparent power, crest factor, reactance, power factor and accumulated energy.
- Accessed through either a secure network or serial connection.
- A secure integral web interface provides a simple and easy way to monitor the PDU.
- Configuration choices include: SNMP traps, email alerts, grouping, and all security and communication settings.
- What is a Switched PDU? Defined.
- The Big Decision: Selecting Smart vs. Switched Data Center PDUs
- Top Reasons to Use Switched PDUs in Your Data Center
- Then, What is a Switched PDU?
- 10 Reasons to Check Out the New HDOT Switched PDU
- Your All-In-1 PDU Solution- HDOT Switched
- Pushing the Easy Button: Tips for Remote Power Management
- How can I future-proof my data center environment with a single rack PDU for use with a variety of equipment configurations?
- How do I get the most out of my rack PDU?
- How do I use a cabinet PDU to help manage equipment deployment?
- How do I maximize uptime using power data from the equipment cabinet?
- Top 10 Things Every Data Center Manager Should Know About Power
- Mission Critical- Rack Power Distribution