If you're looking for a monitored PDU solution, the Smart PDU from Server Technology offers input current monitoring on an easy-to-view LED, and remote monitoring via network or serial connection login.
feature branch circuit protection
and are available in a variety of voltages and
amperages. These smart PDUs also provides automated alerts for power and environmental conditions.
Server Technology monitored enabled PDUs are available in inlet (in-feed), phase power sensing (PIPS), and POPS.
Key Features :
- Branch Circuit Protection
- Input Current Monitoring
- Extensive Security
- Power Outlet Monitoring
- Temperature and Humidity Probes (optional)
Powering the Next Revolution:
Download The New
White Paper Now
What is a Smart or Monitored PDU?Smart PDU, also known as a Monitored PDU, is known to improve uptime, increase operational efficiency, reduce operating costs, lower PUE, improve energy efficiency, and increase intelligence at the rack. The Smart POPS PDU features built-in LED current monitors, which feature an Ethernet, serial and temperature/humidity monitoring port, while optional temperature and humidity probes on 10 ft. (3 m) cords allow for measurements to be taken in different locations within the cabinet. Learn the difference between a Smart and Switched PDU
Who is a Smart or Monitored PDU ideal for?A Smart or monitored PDU streams real-time and historical power and environmental data for each unit. This data can be accessed over any web browser, which is ideal for any IT manager in charge of multiple facilities. Read the top reasons to use a Smart PDU in your data center
What makes Server Technology's Smart PDUs unique?Our Smart PDUs, also known as monitored PDUs, are available in our award-winning HDOT Cx PDUs with Alternating Phase Technology, alternating 3-phase power on a per-outlet basis instead of per-branch basis. This allows for shorter cords, quicker installation, and easier load balancing for 3-phase rack mount PDU's. Our innovative HDOT Cx Rack PDU has more outlets per form factor than any PDU in the market, combines two outlets in one, and ships in 10 business days.
Power Measurement and Monitoring Features
Per Outlet Power Sensing |
The best outlet power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
Adds Per Outlet Power Sensing (POPS) to the Smart PDU which provides power monitoring per an individual outlet/device. Power information per individual outlet /device includes current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor, and power factor. Using our grouping technology, power information is available per device, groups of devices (application), individual PDU, or cabinet.
- Simple, secure, integral web interface GUI configuration tool
- Temperature and Humidity Support
- Authentication logging, configuration changes and system events
- Secure Syslog protocol support
- Automatic Firmware Updates via FTP server
- Emails log, event, authorization, power & configuration messages
- Strong Password Support and Pre-Login Banner
- Ability to Ping an IP address to see if the device is responding
- Grouping of outlets across Primary & Expansion PDUs
- SNMP: Traps based on Status, Changes, Load, Temperature & Humidity
Per Inlet Power Sensing |
The best infeed power measurement technology on the market for data center rack-level power monitoring.
PIPS technology replaces power monitoring at the RPP (Remote Power Panel) in data centers with higher accuracy and lower cost monitoring of each power circuit attached to a PDU. This feature enhances equipped Smart, Switched, and POPS PDUs with the most accurate and extensive metrics on the market. Expect the same quality and functionality on current intelligent PDUs, but with an increased level of information to help you make the critical decisions regarding your facility.
- Provide power monitoring per inlet/infeed.
- Power information per infeed includes current, voltage, power, apparent power, crest factor, reactance, power factor and accumulated energy.
- Accessed through either a secure network or serial connection.
- A secure integral web interface provides a simple and easy way to monitor the PDU.
- Configuration choices include: SNMP traps, email alerts, grouping, and all security and communication settings.
- Top Reasons to Use a Smart PDU in Your Data Center
- How to Use Smart PDUs for AI Applications
- The Big Decision: Selecting Smart vs. Switched Data Center PDUs
- Smart PDU Pricing: Why Quality Matters
- How Can Intelligent PDUs Improve Your Data Center?
- An Interview with Server Technology: Smart PDUs Translate to More Efficiency
- Everything Needs Power: The Connectivity of Technology and Intelligent PDUs
- Everything Needs Power: Solutions Available with Servertech Intelligent PDUs
- How to Choose Between a Metered and Smart PDU
- How do I achieve the lowest profile for my rack PDU?
- How can I add power redundancy to single-cord devices?
- How do I get performance metrics from non-intelligent power supplies?
- How do I provide high density rack power while optimizing panel pole positions?
- How do I provide 10kW in a rack with only single-phase power available?
- How do I specify a single cabinet PDU for use with a variety of equipment deployments?
- How do I power 6 UCS chassis and provide flexibility for 1U & 2U devices?
- How do I maximize the number of devices in my 24" x 42U cabinets?