The All-New iX Controller
Breaking Boundaries in Hardware & Intelligence
Introducing the all-new iX™ Controller, the most powerful, reliable, scalable, secure, and easy-to-use controller platform. The controller is the center of intelligence on select STI rack power distribution products―first available on the all-new intelligent PRO4X Rack PDU―that houses the device's computing, display, and interface ports. The design ensures increased reliability to your network and unmatched connectivity, bringing a whole new level in access control capabilities along with a future-proof design architecture built to last.
- Industrial-grade reliability
- A high-resolution auto-flip LCD with easy-to-use control buttons
- True hot-swappable capability for maintenance or replacement
- Multi-layer redundancy for failover support
- Support for plug-and-play environmental monitoring, asset location, physical access, and other monitoring and security sensors (additional accessories required)
- PDU linking options to control outlets on multiple PDUs through one embedded web-based GUI
- Zero Touch Provisioning and USB-based mass configuration capabilities
- User-configurable firmware
- Powerful embedded compute and enhanced security suite with strong encryption, passwords, and advanced authorization, powered by the Xerus™ Technology Platform
- Centralized, interoperable management interface enabling wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility into your data center's operations
The forward-thinking design helps you manage operations more efficiently and at lower costs. It allows even more rack power and environmental data to be collected and distributed to DCIM, BMS, and other tools for managing infrastructure and IT workflows.
Advanced Data Collection
The controller is the central collection point for all rack power data and external instrumentation readings. Using its enhanced data retrieval buffer and upgraded data storage capacity allows for more data to be collected. Now get advanced rack-based power quality measurements directly in the web GUI—including Neutral Voltage, Total Harmonic Distortion, and Voltage Dips and Swells measurements—then distribute the collected measurements to DCIM, BMS, or other tools for managing infrastructure and IT workflows to monitor the quality of your rack power in real-time.
Seamlessly reduce the use of multiple monitoring systems by using the iX's Xerus-based enterprise network standards, including SNMP, MODBUS, and open REST-based JSON APIs, including a Redfish® API, enabling wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility into your data center's operations.
Flexible Connectivity & Unmatched Redundancy
The controller's advanced intelligence allows you to securely connect to your network and provide redundancy so that you never lose sight of rack power conditions down to the most granular level. It enables flexible ethernet cascading to reduce the number of switch ports while providing backup power and secure communication to connected devices all through a simple one-cable connection.
Seamless Scaling and Instrumentation
Not just for rack power data collection, each iX Controller provides the hardware capability of environmental monitoring, asset management, and physical access control systems in one device. This simplifies the setup of the white space, allowing you to scale your instrumentation over time or fully instrument using one management controller versus multiple disparate systems.
Easy-to-Use and Easy-to-Instrument
The iX's intuitive design places its local display and interface ports in an easily accessible location in the rack. Its auto-flip display ensures you have the right components in the right place regardless of orientation.
- Control Buttons navigate the LCD's menu options locally.
- Multi-Color LCD provides an easy-to-read screen, including information on power usage, outlet status, and critical alerts.
- Reset is a recessed button that restarts the device's firmware without interrupting power or affecting outlet status.
- Dual Network Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports enable connectivity to network infrastructure. Physically cascade or daisy chain 32 PDUs under one ethernet port using bridging mode or save IP addresses using a single IP address with port forwarding. For more efficient management and control of your devices, use the Link feature for logical connectivity of up to 8 PDUs.
- Dual USB-A Ports enable simultaneous connectivity to mobile interfaces, rapid configurations, mass firmware updates, and serial console access.
- USB-B Port generates diagnostic logs.
- PDU Link Port allows the physical linking of 2 PDUs where the Primary unit has the power information from the Link unit. Ensures redundant power for the main controller for both units, even if the primary unit loses power.
- Sensor Port supports the plug-and-play deployment of Legrand® SmartSensors™, the SmartLock™ System, and Asset Management sensors.