Popular Configurations of the 415V PDU and Similar PDU(s)
Posted by Annie Paquette on January 27, 2020
- Helpful Features
Let’s say that you are part of the data center vanguard, and you have already come to terms with the reality that distributing higher voltages to the rack is inherently a good thing. It’s not only good for your company’s OPEX budget, it’s also good for the larger battle against inefficiency. It’s good as in the greater good of mankind sort of good.
Take a moment to pat yourself on the back. This blog is right up your alley. Today, we are going to get down to business and talk about what sort of PDUs you really should be reaching for as you set about the task of distributing all that three-phase goodness to your racks.
If you are that data center manager who only wants to monitor PDU status, here are our top Smart configurations:
- 208V 3-phase Wye 60A Environment: you would start with the C2S36TE-YQME2M99, which harnesses 60A to allow for a 17.3 kW of capacity
- 240V/415V Environment: definitely go for the C2S36TE-5CAE2M99, able to control 30A and a 17.3 kW capacity.
- 230V/400V Environment: you are looking for a C2S36TE-4PAE2M99, which can tame 32A and yield 22 kW of capacity.
No matter which way you go, Server Technology PRO2 Smart PDU(s) provide local LED input current monitoring. This allows the data center manager to determine safe levels of loading on a per-phase basis while installing equipment into the rack/cabinet. The integral PIPS technology provides billing-grade accurate measurement of current, voltage, active power, apparent power, power factor, crest factor, and accumulated energy at the input. All three of these units will ship with (18) IEC C13’s and (18) new HDOT Cx’s.
But if you are the data center manager who not only needs outlet-level power monitoring, but outlet control as well, then these are the Switched PDUs for you.:
- 208V 3-phase Wye 60A: our 60A, 17.3 kW unit is the C2S36TE-YQME2M66
- 240V/415V Environment: you would select the C2WG36TE-5CAE2M66 for 30A producing 17.3 KW capacity.
- 230V/400V Environment: for switching 22 kW capacity at the 32A level, check out the C2WG36TE-4PAE2M66.
In all three cases the Server Technology PRO2 Switched POPS PDUs provide control of outlet power and local LED input current monitoring. This allows you to determine safe levels of loading on a per-phase basis while installing equipment into the rack/cabinet. Baked-in PIPS and POPS technology provides billing-grade accurate measurement of current, voltage, active power, apparent power, power factor, crest factor, and accumulated energy at the input and at each output. All three of these units will ship with (24) IEC C13’s and (12) of the aforementioned revolutionary Cx’s.
The Server Technology and Raritan brands of Legrand offer the widest array of award-winning, highly reliable intelligent (Smart, AKA ‘Metered’) and managed (Switched) AC power distribution products in the data center industry for 480VAC, 415VAC, and 208VAC power. Didn’t find what’s right for you? Configure your own at BYOPDU.