Dilbert’s Top 5 Lessons for the Data Center: Number Five
June 03, 2015
- For Fun
Number 5: People in the Data Center Cause Problems and always have! - If not why would we keep hearing?
- I hardly ever go in the data center anymore. Probably because you are not allowed!
- Do you provide PDUs with high retention outlets or locking power cords? We have had some issues in the past with device becoming unplugged.
- We are in a freeze right now and no changes can be made in the data center until it is over.
- I always turn off all of the open outlets on my switched PDU’s to avoid people adding or moving gear without my permission.
- We keep all our cabinets locked to avoid any of those problems.
- I have to remotely monitor and manage power and environmental information as I cannot seem to ever get in the data center.