USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Support and storage of data processing
- Identity of the data controller
- Nature of data collected and Purpose of the data processing
- Exercise of user's rights
- Conditions of the data processing
- Transmission of data to third parties
- Data security
- Data retention
- Under 16
SUPPORT AND STORAGE OF DATA PROCESSING
This website Servertech.com (the "Website" is hosted on [Amazon Web Services].
IDENTITY OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The processing of personal data collected is carried out under the responsibility of Legrand France.
Name and contact details of the controllerLegrand France
128, av. du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny
87045 Limoges Cedex (France
Legal information on the controllerLimited company with capital of 54,912,550 €
No. SIRET 758 501 001 00013
APE code 2733Z
RCS Limoges 758 501 001
VAT identification number FR 94 758 501 001
NATURE OF DATA COLLECTED AND PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING
Server Technology, a brand of Legrand respects the privacy of individuals, (candidate) employees and our customers. We adhere to the following principles when it comes to your personal data.
- Processing your personal information fairly and lawfully.
- Collecting your personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
- Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
- Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, keeping it up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
- Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual's legal rights.
- Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
- Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis:
- You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Server Technology is subject; or
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Server Technology or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Legrand and all its entities adhere to these principles.
Server Technology collects personal information from all users (ie. customers, applicants, leads, etc.) for service and a personalized experience while using the various websites and pages. Server Technology, a brand of Legrand, may collect personal information to complete various transactions, such as:
- Customer/user profile creation
- Marketing or product support subscriptions
- Processing requests regarding quotes/resellers and other informational requests
- Promotional activities (such as contests) or survey participation
- Product or [professional] service orders, product activations and/or registrations
- Job applications
WHICH INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you register, and at other times, Server Technology will collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, company name, age, address, country, zip code, e-mail address, and facts about your company's IT infrastructure as well as industry information this includes:
- Customer type, job function, job title,
- Product and preferences, contact preferences and job interest data
- Your Server Technology partner portal username and password (where applicable)
- IP address (see cookies)
USE OF DATA COLLECTED
If you provide personal information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission. We may however use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) important updates/news about our products or modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a transporter/carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- As required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Legrand its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Your consent to processing
Your consent is important to us and as such we will take great care to always ask for your permission before processing your data. By providing us with your personal information and using the sites, you may consent to our processing your personal data and sensitive personal data for the above purposes. When providing us with your consent you will consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the EU. If we do make such a transfer, we will, where appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected. Please refer to the Data Security section.
Appointed to give consent on behalf of another user
If you provide us with information about any other person than yourself, you confirm that they have appointed/instructed you to act on their behalf. The instructor has given consent to the processing of their personal data which could include personal data. The appointed person in this case will have also informed the instructor of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
We collect personal information in various ways, below you will find an overview per department.
Legrand including Server Technology will always carefully selected third parties whom may use the information we collect to inform you (this includes by letter, fax, phone, SMS and email) about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. By providing us with your information you consent to being contacted by these methods and for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the various web forms.
Server Technology website (Searching/Browsing)
We collect certain personal Information when you visit the sites or click on the various links to learn more about our products. We collect this information to improve web user experience (ie. country selection), gather broad geographic/demographic data, activity on the various website pages and evaluate our advertising. (please refer to the cookie section)
Newsletters and promotional e-mails
We collect Personal Information when you give us consent to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information (ie. firmware updates). We solely use this information to provide you the information you request and will only retain the information for as long as you have given permission.
We collect Personal Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws. We may also collect Personal Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in any online polls. Information from online surveys and polls would be used to improve our products and/or services.
If you contact us regarding reseller information, quotes, etc. we will keep a record of your correspondence this will include any Personal Information you will have provided us with. Unless you indicate to us that you do not wish your information stored we will use your provided information to help us provide you better service should you contact us in the future.
We collect Personal Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
Server Technology shares data necessary to facilitate purchase of our products via partners.
This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
Server Technology keeps personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services, support your product and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations.
LEGRAND has implemented adequate physical, electronic and administrative protection measures which comply with regulations to protect your personal data. Though, LEGRAND wishes to draw the users' attention to potential risks in terms of data confidentiality linked to the Internet use. It is the responsibility of the users to set up or ensure the use of a personal secured computer network, as well as to ensure a correct technical configuration of the connection box connected to your Internet Service Provider and of other devices such as radio access equipment (WIFI, 4G…).
EXERCISE OF USER'S RIGHTS
You have a right of access, modification, rectification and deletion of personal information collected concerning you. You also have the right to obtain the restriction of processing. You have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning you. In this case, it will no longer be possible to access to the Application, since the way the Application operates requires the processing of your data. At your request, we can send you the personal data you give us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To exercise your right, please send your request:
By PostLEGRAND, Service Consommateurs or Service Relations Pro,
128 avenue du Maréchal De Lattre de Tassigny,
87045 LIMOGES CEDEX,
Your request will be processed within one month of receipt. If necessary, this period can be extended by two months, in view of the complexity and the number of requests. In this case, you will be informed of this extension and its reasons within one month of receipt of the request.
No payment will be required for the exercise of your rights except in case of manifestly unfounded or excessive demand. In this case, the Legrand Group further reserves the right to not respond to your request.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which your request was processed, we invite you contact us. In the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, we remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority, Commission Informatique et Libertés (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/ or your local supervisory authority.
CONDITIONS OF THE DATA PROCESSING
The data processing take place with manual and IT instruments with the sole purpose to achieve the indicated objectives in order to ensure the data confidentiality and security.
Third-party websites [ie. Social media]
Server Technology, a brand of Legrand, sites or services may provide links to third-party services or websites for information. By following these links, you leave the Server Technology website, it should be noted that Server Technology does not have any control over those third-party websites nor over their privacy policies which may differ from the Legrand group.
When accessing our website, cookies are in use and are stored on your device (computer, cellphone, tablet computer), subject to the choice you have made and that you can change at any time by managing your settings (see “Accept or reject cookies").
What are cookies?
Placed on your browser when you visit a website, a cookie is a small text file containing information about your browsing (pages views, date and time of the consultation…), whose main purpose is to enhance your visit and allow you to receive targeted services and messages. The most common cookies in use are persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies may be linked to personal information while interacting with our website and remain on your browser for much longer periods of time (usually till they expire) or till you delete them. Session cookies are considered temporary as they remain on your browser until you leave the website you are visiting.
Types of Cookies in Use:
Using cookies enables us to provide you with certain features and provides us with information regarding website visits. We measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geolocation of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. Here is a list of the types of cookies we use:
A visit to any page on the Server Technology website, blog, or any associate form, may generate the following types of cookies:
- Essential or Functional cookies
- Site Analytics Cookies
- Site Interaction Cookies
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies
- Third Party Advertising Cookies
Essential or Functional Cookies:
These cookies are essential to the website's features and functions. Without these cookies, certain features like end user or partner portals as well as restricted file download capability could not function.
Site Analytics Cookies:
Analytics Cookies allow us to improve our services by collecting information about your use of the website. We use these cookies to help improve how the website works or the content we deliver to you. For example, Analytics Cookies show us statistics, which are the most frequently visited pages on the Service, help us record any difficulties you have with the Service, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. We can't identify you personally using these cookies, but third parties who provide these cookies may be able to.
Site Interaction Cookies:
Interaction cookies are set to remember your contact and form fill settings. Once a user files out a form, at an area on the site, your form fill preferences will be stored for your convenience of use in the future. This cookie enables you to quickly access and submit for any other pieces of content or requests to do business with us without having to individually fill out each form.
Behavioral Advertising Cookies:
Behavioral Advertising Cookies are used to deliver relevant advertisements to users both on and off of our website. We analyze what pages you visit, products or services you view, and if view or click on ads that are shown to you. We may also use a cookie to learn whether someone who saw an ad later visited and took an action on our website. We use this information to send you interest-based ads. Similarly, use a cookie to determine whether we've shown an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with our ads.
Third Party Advertising Cookies:
Does this Policy Change?
Can I Change My Cookie Preferences?
“Accept or reject cookies"
You can set your browser to store cookies in your terminal or reject them, either routinely, depending on where they originate from, or to inform you each time a cookie is stored in your terminal, so you can decide whether to accept or reject them.
However, deleting all cookies used by the browser, including those used by other applications or websites, may lead to some settings or information being altered or lost, making it difficult or even impossible to browse the application.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or to stop cookies from automatically being accepted, you should refer to your browser instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. More information on how to set up your cookie settings is available on this website: www.AboutCookies.org>
The minors aren't the intended audience of the Application. Access to the Application is though not reserved to the adults since the contents of the Application are not prohibited for the minors under 16.
The Application does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under 16. If information is collected concerning a minor, the minor's legal representative has the possibility to contact the Service Relations Pro of LEGRAND in order to rectify, modify or delete this information (cf section “Rights of the users").
MODIFICATION OF THIS DOCUMENT
This document may be modified at any time without prior notice. We invite you to consult it regularly.