Dilbert’s Top 5 Lessons for the Data Center: Number Two
Posted by RJ Tee on June 11, 2015
- For Fun
Number 2: Cloud Computing is here it stay!
- If you can buy services from experts that provide them at a lower cost than you can, you would be crazy to not take advantage of them.
- Fully utilized hardware brings economies of scale which means lower costs for you.
- Everything I see about the cloud talks about lower power costs and being more environmentally friendly. In regards to Data Center Environmental Monitoring, these topics are mostly related to server utilization and the bold claim of at least 30% less energy consumption and carbon emissions in comparison to using on-site servers.
- Another big advantage is to let the provider worry about disaster recovery and redundancy. The numbers quoted show faster recovery times with your data and applications mirrored across multiple facilities.
- Zero Cap-Ex costs since you pay as you go.
- Cloud computing is now a proven, mainstream alternative for SMBs.