Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will restarting my CDU affect power to the outlets?
a. No. The intelligence and power of the CDU operate on two, separate circuits. The power will remain unaffected.
2. What is the default user name and password?
a. The default user name and password are both admn.
3. What is the default IP address?
a. The default IP address is 192.168.1.254.
4. Is it ok to change a fuse while the CDU is still plugged in?
a. DO NOT attempt to change a fuse while the CDU is still plugged in. This could result in an arc from the fuse causing a direct short to ground which can cause serious damage to the CDU and the operator.
5. Where can I find the MIB?
a. You can navigate to the following link to obtain the MIB and OID tree: ftp://ftp.servertech.com/Pub/SNMP/sentry3/
6. Where can I find firmware updates?
a. Navigate to the following ServerTech FTP link to obtain firmware updates:
7. Where can I find the product manual for my CDU?
a. You can visit the products section at www.servertech.com to locate your product's specifications, drawings, and manual.
8. Where can I find a list of available data cables and power cords?
a. Data cables: /assets/documents/documents/12/original/notes_cablesadapters.pdf
b. Power cords: /assets/documents/documents/24/original/notes_inletoutlettypes.pdf or Check out the power cords data sheet.
9. Will restarting the Sentry Power Manager (SPM) affect power on my CDUs?
a. No. Just like the case of restarting a CDU, restarting an SPM will not affect CDU power or operation.
10. What do the 3 LED displays on my CDU represent?
a. The 3 LED displays will provide you with the amperage reading that each 3 of your branches are currently drawing.
11. My LED says "FE". What does this mean?
a. FE stands for Fuse Error. More than likely your CDU has a blown fuse.
12. MY LED says "OL". What does this mean?
a. OL stands for Over Load. The CDU is drawing more power than the maximum limits of the model specify.
13. How do I manually reset my CDU back to factory defaults?
a. Most CDU products will have a very small button next to the displays and network ports. Utilizing an item such as a paper clip you can depress this button to restart the unit. Holding the button for 5-10 seconds will reset the CDU back to factory defaults EXCLUDING network settings. Holding the button 10-15 seconds will reset the CDU back to factory defaults INCLUDING network settings. Holding the button for any amount of time under 5 seconds or over 15 seconds will have no effect on the CDU.
14. I have two master units. Can I link them together with a data cable and share them under one IP Address?
a. No. Only a master and its respective expansion unit can be linked through a data cable and shared under a single IP address. For example, if you have a CW-24V2-L20M and you wish to expand the number of outlets with another CDU under one IP address you must use a CX-24V2-L20M.
15. Where can I find more technical documents, application notes, white papers, etc.?
17. What do all the LED error codes mean?
a. Display flashing FE: Indicates a blown fuse or circuit breaker
b. Display Flashing Double Lines: Indicates an intelligence board failure.
c. Display flashing numbers: Indicates a predefined SNMP threshold has been exceeded.
d. Display flashing OL: Indicates the units maximum rated load has been exceeded.